Digital Literacy (KS4)
Cybersecurity, Safe Online Relationships and Social Media – Y10 Dropdown Day 1 (Summer 1).
Students will be taught how changes in technology affect safety, including new ways to protect their online privacy and identity. They will be instructed in how to identify and report a range of concerns
- Session 1 - Online Reputation
- Session 2 – Big Data
- Session 3 – Illegal Content
- Session 4 – Protecting Myself Online
Website Design, Development and Evaluation Project – Y10 Dropdown Day 2 & 3 (Summer 2)
Students work in small design groups to develop a website raising awareness of a llocal issue or cause. The goal is for students to build capability, creativity and knowledge in computer science, digital media and information technology. Through a design and evaluation process, they awill also learn and apply analytic, problem-solving, design, and computational thinking skills
- Session 1 – What is Pre-Prodcution?
- Session 2 – Creating A Multi-Page Website
- Session 3 – Planning your Digital Media
- Session 4 – Producing your Digital Media
- Session 5 – Presenting your Digital Media