Welcome to Sixth Form
We are extremely aspirational for all our students and our sixth form has been designed with this in mind. Academic in nature, our sixth form is committed to ensuring our students achieve outstanding results so that they are able to secure a place at a top university or higher apprenticeship and become leaders in their chosen field.
We will ensure that our students:
- have the knowledge and support they need to make the best choices for their future
- secure the place they deserve at the institution of their choice
- have the developed character and well-rounded education to succeed when they get there
16-19 Tuition Fund 2021/22.
The 16 to 19 tuition fund is ring-fenced funding for schools, colleges and all other 16 to 19 institutions who receive annual funding allocations from ESFA for the provision of 16 to 19 education, to mitigate the disruption to learning arising from coronavirus (COVID-19).
The funding is to support small group tuition for students aged 16 to 19 in English, maths and other subjects that have been disrupted, including vocational and/or academic learning. All students must be on a 16 to 19 study programme and the funding should be used to support the tuition activity above and beyond the programmes of education already planned. It is for students who:
- have not achieved a grade 4 or 5 in English and/or maths
- have a grade 4 or above in English and/or maths, are from an economically disadvantaged background and would need catch-up support. These are defined as students from the 27% most economically deprived areas of the country based on the index of multiple deprivation
Ark Acton Academy is using this fund to provide additional English and Maths small-group classes with subject specialists. The purpose is to enable these students to secure a pass in their GCSE re-takes in English and/or Maths and to ensure that the students have the requisite background knowledge to succeed on their chosen pathway.