YEAR 6 TO 7 TRANSITION
We want to be able to see you as often as we can before you arrive in September. As we come out of lockdown we hope to be able to give you more opportunities to visit Acton. Our full Transition Programme has been posted to you and is available to view below with your welcome letter.
If you would like a place in our new Year 7 cohort or would like to book a tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and number and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
Free Chromebook for every Y7 student
As part of our commitment to ensuring every child can continue to learn our curriculum at home as well as at school, we will be issuing a Chromebook to every Year 7 student during their first half term at Ark Acton. They will keep this Chromebook at home and use it to access our online learning platform. They will have this for their 7 years with us before going to University or into an Apprenticeship.
Your transition programme
While the present government advice around social distancing still exist, we are still planning some exciting opportunities for our new Year 7 students.
- Primary school visits to meet you at your current school-a chance for us to get to know you.
- We are hosting an exciting week of fun activities at our Y6/7 Summer Camp with London Sports Trust-an opportunity for your meet each other before September. AAA Summer Camp 2nd – 6th August.
If your child would like to join our summer camp please follow the link below and complete our Summer Camp Application Form
- Our Y7 Taster Day on July 2nd for all new Year 7 students-this is where you take a day off from your primary school to attend Ark Acton. Here you will begin to learn about how great Ark Acton is and you will meet your tutor and Head of Year and make new friends!
- We are running weekly tours that you can book to visit Ark Acton, every Friday 0915-1015 until we break for summer-we want all parents and students to see Ark Acton in action before you start. We are confident you’ll like what you see. Email email@example.com to book a tour.
- Your personal meeting with a member of the Leadership Team between Monday 14th to Friday 25th June-you will receive an appointment time for a 20 minute meeting where we will get to know you.
- All About Me Booklet- we want to get to know YOU and that’s why we ask you to complete the All About Me Booklet before your meeting. We will then use this to discuss your likes, dislikes, favourite film, books, foods and much more. You can see the All About Me booklet here
- Additional programme- we understand that some students may need some additional support to process and manage the change to secondary school. So, we will invite them to take part in our added programme through June to really get to know Acton before they arrive. You will receive a letter of invite if this applies to you. If you do not receive an invite and feel your child would benefit from this, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our SENDCo will get back to you.
How will we support you into Year 7?
We know and understand that moving from primary to secondary school can be a big change. We know that you might be worried about things such as getting lost or having several different subjects and teachers. To try and ease any worries you might have, we do the following at AAA:
- You will have a 3 day student induction when you arrive on Tuesday 7th September to learn all about Ark Acton and to find your way around!
- You will have your own lunch hall away from the other year groups.
- You will have your own Y7 playground and table tennis tables for break and lunch.
- You have a Head of Year who is not a teacher which means you will have support right through the day.
- There are lots of clubs for you to attend to keep your body and mind active.
- You have a weekly assembly to celebrate all of the great things you do each week.
We can promise you that we will be providing a comprehensive induction programme in September that takes into consideration the needs of every child to support a smooth transition as a member of our Ark Acton family.
In the meantime, you can familiarise yourself with Ark Acton Academy by watching the following welcome video, put together by our Principal, to welcome you as our newest members of the AAA family.
Ark Acton Prospectus
We also encourage you and your families to read the attached prospectus to give you more information about the history, vision, values and expectations here at Ark Acton Academy. Please keep an eye on our website for updates on the below
- The structure of the Academy Day
- The tutor system
- Important term dates for your diary
- Our Home/School Agreement
Our uniform is supplied by Sanco in Hounslow. It can be purchased either in store or online. If you wish to go to the shop there are Covid-19 restrictions in place, therefore you will need to book an appointment slot.
Please use the following link to book a fitting appointment:
The appointments are for 20 minutes. Our booking policy is on the website and gives parents all the details you need to visit us safely and seamlessly. Parents with appointments will be let in to the store at their scheduled time. Anyone without an appointment will have to wait in a queue and we will only be able to serve you if our maximum numbers permit, in between parents who do have an appointment.
Parents can order from the Sanco at any time using the following link below:
Do you still have questions about coming to Ark Acton? See our Secondary Transition FAQs.
You can also see some messages and words of advice from some of our current Year 7 students.
You can view the full transition programme with dates.
We can’t wait to get to know you and welcome you to the family!
Ark Acton Academy